The Immune system’s main task is to passively regulate all of the interaction between the outer environment and body system.
A healthy immune system must be able to
- Recognize self from non self
- Detect pathogens & viruses and mount an appropriate response
- Interact with the gut flora
- Manage inflammation and repair tissues including brain cells
The immune system comprise of several organs and uses several biochemical processes to identify, locate, assess and destroy the invaders and harmful substances. These can be caused by bacteria, viruses, tissues injuries but also from toxins derived from the normal metabolic processes of the body, the food we eat, how we cook it.
Food intolerances, allergies stimulate abnormal immune response. Stress and environmental challenges may over or under stimulate the hormonal control of the immune system. Genetic profile and diet are key to the ever changing and adaptability of the immune system. Over time a weak, over stimulated or out of sync immune response can lead to chronic inflammation and a decline in overall health.
The digestive system is a key part of the integrated immune response and more than 70& of the immune presence in the body is located around the gut area and along the digestive tract. This explain the importance of food changes in health.
You may need dietary intervention if you have some of the following
- Recurrent colds & Flu’s
- Skin problems
- Chronic stress
- Excess sugar
- Environmental stress
- Excess of medications
- Nutritional deficiencies
Nutritional Therapy can assess immune and digestive function to minimize detrimental effects on the body.
In the consultation we can help you with
- Allergies and intolerances
- Inflammation, local and systemic
- IBD, IBS, CFS/ME, autoimmune and any inflammatory diseases can be successfully dealt or managed with appropriate nutritional and supplement intervention
- Aches & Pains
- Neurological and body toxicity
Intervention usually include:
- Questionnaire assessment of body system health
- Blood/stool/urine tests to assess metabolic dysfunctions that can lead to an imbalanced immune system
- Lifestyle corrections to minimize its impact of our immunity
- Dietary changes aimed at balancing the synergic effect between all of the body systems
- Herbal and supplementation intervention